Saturday, March 10, 2012

Seeking safety in an unsafe world. March 10, 2012


Remember the verse, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways?” Today’s parallel might be more like, “How do I seek safety?  Let me count the ways”.

Is there anyone who feels totally safe in today’s hate-filled, violent, dangerous world?

Physical safety is threatened by abuse in families, dangers of travel including accidents and road rage; abduction of any-age persons; drive-by shootings, school shootings and terror attacks; even violent storms crashing in without warning; dread disease attacking unexpectedly.

Mental and emotional safety is violated by verbal abuse in homes and work places, bullying, belittling, slander and rejection.

Financial safety? Is it really secured in purchasing gold? Maybe. But there is enough uncertainty in the world’s financial arena to leave most feeling a lack of safety for their future.

If you are still reading this rather dismal picture of our unsafe living situation, take heart. There is a place of safety for people who will avail themselves of it. Be encouraged to seek true safety of your whole person in relationship with Christ alone:

Psalm 4:8 – “In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for Thou alone, O Lord, dost make me to dwell in safety.

Psalm 12:5 – “…Now I will arise, says the Lord, I will set him in the safety for which he longs”. [Strong's #3468: safety means deliverance, liberty, rescue, welfare, prosperity]

Ps. 50:15 – “And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor me.”  (“rescue” [Strongs 2502] means to strengthen, fortify, remove from danger.)

Ps. 73:28 – “But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge that I may tell of all Thy works.

SAFETY IN CHRIST ALONE

As you see yourself seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Col. 3:1), you can soar above the fearsome realities of an "unsafe" world. In your darkest hour of difficulty, He will be with you as you seek His protection and deliverance:

Phil. 4:6-7 – “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”


Blessings for the journey – IN CHRIST.



No comments:

Post a Comment